2017 Acura RDX Safety Highlights
When it comes to rich design, features, and performance capabilities for the money, the 2017 Acura RDX is a clear standout in the luxury crossover SUV segment, but that’s not all it has to offer families throughout Daphne and Biloxi. The Acura RDX has also earned top safety scores and features an abundance of advanced safety technologies to keep you in control behind the wheel and aware of what’s around you. Learn more about the types of safety features that are available with the 2017 Acura RDX at Joe Bullard Acura in Mobile, AL.
The 2017 Acura RDX has earned top safety scores from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The IIHS named the 2017 RDX a 2017 Top Safety Pick+ and awarded the model with the top score of “Good” in every test of crashworthiness. The NHTSA gave the RDX five out of five stars overall*, including five stars for frontal impact and side impact safety.
Stay in Control Behind the Wheel
Every Acura RDX comes with antilock brakes, a full suite or airbags, and a rearview camera, but that’s only the start! The 2017 Acura RDX has also been equipped with some innovative safety features that will help keep you in full control even when you’re tasked with navigating more difficult conditions:
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) – When you’re driving on unpredictable surfaces or in inclement weather, the VSA® system protects you by decreasing the amount of power and braking for individual wheels when necessary—essentially reducing the dangers associated with understeering and oversteering.
- Agile Handling Assist® – Working alongside the Vehicle Stability Assist™ system, Agile Handling Assist® is able to recognize your driving maneuvers and send braking power to the inside wheel when you’re taking a tight curve in order to help you maintain confidence.
- All-Wheel Drive – If you decide to opt for the RDX’s available all-wheel drive system, you’ll enjoy increased traction and control behind the wheel—even on slippery surfaces and in bad weather.
Advanced Safety Technologies
Plus, this crossover has even more in store for you. The 2017 Acura RDX is also offered with a number of driver assist safety features, including:
- Blind Spot Information System
- Multi-View Rear Camera
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors
Keep Your Family Safe With the 2017 Acura RDX
You have to get behind the wheel of the 2017 Acura RDX to really appreciate the many ways in which it inspires confidence. Visit Joe Bullard Acura today to get a full tour of the range of safety features on offer with the new RDX. You can also get a head start on your new vehicle purchase by applying for financing online before stopping into our dealership, located at 1151 E I-65 Service Rd. S. in Mobile, AL. Contact us for more information at 251-237-9447.